New “doing it wrong”s
- My code contain(s/ed) duplicated functions
- Don’t define a constant that’s already defined
- getopt() requires global $argc and $argv
- Appending content and nested shortcode expansion may not mix
- I don’t make enough use of theming
Doing it wrong’s I already knew about
- Misconception: Programming guidelines don’t apply to me.
- Misconception: I have no need for OO.
- Even though I’m an oik and DOS a lot, I’m not into git nor vagrant.
- I’m like a child with a new toy; I’ll play with it until I break it. Then I don’t tell anyone.
- Opinion: Dynamically generated functions are more appropriate than action and hooks filters.
- Not everyone develops code with just one <?php per file